As we enter into April we will be celebrating National Earth day! Every year Green Life Market is proud to take part in the annual Earth Day celebration. We know that it is not only important to spread awareness about this day, but to make sure that being aware of your impact on the earth is a part of your everyday routine.
From the products we carry to the practices we keep – we make a conscious effort to minimize our impact on the earth. That’s why we’d like to share these 5 quick tips on how you can make a difference this Earth Day.
- Did you know over 500 billion plastic bags are used each year? Try switching to reusable shopping bags and reusable produce bags. Chico Bags offers both and they are great to travel with!
- Use earth friendly cleaning and household products. Conventional cleaning products are filled with chemicals that are harmful to our bodies and the earth. Switching to plant based products such as ECOS and Seventh Generation that are sustainable and biodegradable is much friendlier for you and for the earth.
- Hosting any parties or cookouts this summer? Try using biodegradable and compostable plates, cups and utensils. World Centric offers a variety of products that are made from wheat straw and certified compostable.
- Buy in bulk! Buying in bulk helps cut back on packaging and unnecessary waste. At Green Life Market we offer Bulk Olive Oil, Balsamic, Kombucha and Cold Brew Coffee. We also offer a variety of bulk seeds, nuts and grains.
- Try recycling and composting! Instead of throwing all of your waste into one bin, separate it into three bins. One for trash, one for recycling and one for composting. You can use the compost to nourish your garden or lawn or you can also donate it to a local farmer.
If you’re interested in more ways to be environmentally friendly you can visit us at the store or come join us on Saturday, April 22nd at the Kinnelon Library for their Annual Earth Day Celebration.