If you’re looking for a simple and hearty meal, then you must try this risotto! We’ve jam packed this recipe full of organic mixed vegetables to keep it super healthy and yet still satisfying. We love working with risotto because it’s easy to make and there are so many different ways to get creative with it. You can use it as a side dish and keep it simple or make it as your main course and fill it with lots of vegetables and protein!
All of the ingredients that we used to create this recipe are 100% Organic and can be found at any of your local Green Life Markets.
Time: 45 minutes
- 2 Tbsp Bragg’s Organic Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups of Baby Bella Mushrooms, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 Cup Rice Select Organic Arborio Rice
- 7 Cups Pacific Organic Vegetable Broth
- 1 Tbsp Pepper
- 2 tsp Salt
- Prep – Before we start cooking the risotto make sure that all of your vegetables are prepped and measured.
- In a large sauce pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, mushrooms, onion and zucchini. Stir for 3-5 minutes until vegetables start to get soft.
- Add Arborio rice and cook with the vegetables, stirring constantly for about 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup of vegetable broth and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Add salt and pepper.
- Once the broth is absorbed, continue simmering and adding 1 cup of broth at a time, stirring constantly and allowing the broth to be absorbed before adding more.
- Before you add the last cup of broth, add the spinach and tomatoes.
- At this point, the rice should be almost fully cooked and creamy-looking. Add the final cup of broth and cook until it is fully absorbed and the rice is tender to taste.
- Remove from heat and enjoy!